Monday, May 4, 2009

The Proof is in your Praise!!!!


I was listening to a song this morning by Marvin Sapp called "Praise Him in advance" What a powerful song...I refuse to allow what I see to to hinder what I believe.. That was the most powerful statement to me. I think sometimes we bank on how we feel or what we see or hear in the flesh, when God is saying, "Your praise will cause the enemy to be confused!" God is saying I know it seems as though its not and I know things aren't exactly where I told you they were going to be, but will you trust me?" Praise Him through the storm. Its one of the hardest things to do. The wind is blowing, the sky is howling, the rain is pouring down, everything is getting wet, maybe there is even some hail = HELL! on earth, you feel like your in the middle of a tornado, spinning out of control and it hurts and this is not what you signed up for right?? You feel like , its not worth it, Im done trying, Ive had enough, I cant take anymore... God is just asking way to much of me. Im dying here and God, wont you say peace be still to my storm?
Come on already... All the while God is watching you stand and not turn around and silently cheering you on and hoping you will have the heart to say, though He may slay me, YET WILL I TRUST HIM... He is waiting to see if you can muster up the courage to do the opposite of how you feel. This week I have heard a lot about trusting God. I have the hardest time doing that when Im holding on so tight to the promises of God Im strangling them in the process. I have to leave those promises in His Hands to hold on to for me until they are ready. While I wait I have to trust. Yesterday we had such a great church service and I felt so strongly the cloud of doubt the enemy has put over so many people. I felt my pastor preach to that spirit of defeat and say, "get up and fight.." I thought about times I have felt so defenseless and unable to combat the enemy. Then I remembered how when at those weakest points someone was praying for me and I had to finally just stand up and raise up my hands and start to praise Him. Praise Him through the good and the bad. Weather Im happy or sad. Praise Him because if I didnt know anything else I had faith that God has never forsaken me or left me when I needed Him most. He has NEVER failed me.. and just when I thought I may die in my dilemma, my praise released me from the pain and stress of it all and God was able to take over because I finally let go and let God. Now looking back I can clearly see God wasnt trying to hurt me, He was disturbing me into my destiny. Sometimes what we think is the enemy is not at all. It is God ruffling our feathers so to speak and pushing us out of the nest of comfort to push us towards our promise. I dont know if this all makes sense, but God has given me a revelation about the POWER IN PRAISE. Im the first to admit its not easy, but IT WORKs... I also realized sometimes what I think is the enemy is actually God interrupting my program to tune me into His. I am convinced to stop going by what I feel and what I see and persuade my mind to trust God for what I need, because He is a sure thing. It takes Faith to trust God. Faith comes by hearing. Saturate your mind with the word. It is your most powerful weapon. Then pick up the BIG guns and start to praise. Praise will get you through every circumstance of life. The proof is in your your PRAISE!!!!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your post is great and made me think of an Oprah Winfrey quote: "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” So it's time to PRAISE and CELEBRATE JESUS.

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...