Monday, May 18, 2009

Storms pass.. Life goes on. God never changes...


Picking up the pieces after the storm has blown through is exhausting. I had an unexpected storm roll over my life and I wasnt prepared for the damage it caused. I feel like I spiritually collapsed under the pressure. I read something that helped me today, God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
My promise is settled, in the midst of my disaster.
I read this:
by Pastor Dansby (Dallas Texas)
I read an account about a storm that came as a surprise.
"The storm came roaring in from the Atlantic, and it left the city of New York paralyzed. Ordinarily such a snow fall causes little inconvenience in that city.Snowplows are assembled and crews are at work even as the first flakes begin to fall. The weather forecasters do a good job, and because they do, the city is kept moving, and New Yorkers can continue on their way.But on that cold day a few years back, the weatherman missed it. His mistake was understandable. Weather systems in this country usually move west to east. This storm slipped in from the East, taking New York City by surprise. This sort of thing happens not only to cities but also to people."In the Bible, Jesus knew that there would be times when storms would come and cause an upheaval for these disciples that He was praying for. Jesus is praying for them and their mission to be faithful when those times would come. Jesus is praying for protection from the evil one as well as their sanctification.One thing I know for sure is that God's word is Forever settled in Heaven and in Earth; I also know that when storms arise in our life unexpectedly that God does not change His mind on how the outcome will be for me. The word says that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.I always remember a little saying from a kid show that goes like this: "Yesterday is history, today is the present, and tomorrow is a mystery."Jesus knows that there are storms in our path, that are unexpected in our tomorrows, and that if we hold on to Him it will be all right.For the Cause of the Gospel,Pastor Greg Dansby
I needed to read this today. I realized that no matter what happens God never changes. I just have have to pick up the pieces and follow Him. He didnt leave me. He is right here. My journey might have come to a halt but I am still going onward. Thats all that matters.
Yesterday is gone. Today I am here. Tomorrow God knows where I will be. I feel like the old song says, I feel like going on, though trials may come and storms may blow, I feel like going on........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your storm. Good to hear you speaking positive words.

We've been missin' ya!

Love ya,
Mindy

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thanks Mindy... God is good all the time even when life is showing up..
Miss u all 2. Been working a lot. C u soon. Love u

Karen J. Hopper said...

We cannot change our storms but we can found refuge in the Lord to help us through...yes, help us THROUGH. Noel, I will be praying for you and your situation as I am sure so many are. I can't help but think of a quote by George MacDonald, and wish to pass it on: “God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity still in the cloud, the oil still in the earth. How often we look upon God as our last and feeblest resource. We go to Him because we have nowhere else to go. And then we learn that the storms of life have driven us, not upon the rocks, but into the desired haven.” This quote proves just how much we need Him. Think positive, think in faith - believe in Him and His overcoming power for you. Love ya.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thank you Sis Hopper for your words of encouragement. It means so much to me. I covet your prayers. Ive learned a hard lesson, but I am able to be comforted in knowing God is my refuge and He is the same, yesterday today and forever.. I love u..

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...