Monday, April 20, 2009

JUST BECAUSE

Life is going by so fast it seems. I appreciate my drive from Salinas to Hollister more and more as it allows me the time to pray and just talk to Jesus. Yesterday was such good church. Pastor Hurst preached such an awesome message about how this world needs Jesus and the church was a hospital for broken hearts. It is so true so many times I have thought about how hurt and brokenness and hate and all the matters of the heart can only be healed by God. There is not a counselor or medicine or doctor or person who can heal and bind up the wounds of a broken heart. Like that old song says, no one can touch me like Jesus can. No one can give you peace when you cannot understand, no one can bind your wounds like nail scarred hands, no one can touch me like Jesus can. There are wounds my heart has endured that almost killed me. BUT JESUS... He healed my heart and healed my wounds and no one or nothing could of ever repaired the damage that had been done. Jesus can do what no other can do for us. I could relate to what Pastor was saying from my own experience. I wondered how many people suffer from spiritual conditions of the heart. If they only knew Jesus. He takes the pain and fills it back up with His love and healing balm. Oh I am so thankful for His healing power. I had a talk yesterday with a precious elder in our church Grandma Hurst and she told me some things yesterday I will never forget. I have not had the opportunity to know her for very long a little over a year now, but I have such a love and respect for her and her husband. She is the funniest person I have ever met in my life. She is also full of pearls of wisdom. I love older people. If you actually take the time to sit and listen to what they have to say you can learn a lot. She gave me a great compliment yesterday and I will always cherish it. After she said it, she said," you know what so many times we think to say things to people that is on our hearts and we dont say it and you know what? Thats not right." I graciously thanked her. If she only knew how much it meant coming from her. We are blessed to have bishop and grandma Hurst with us and I pray we tell them as often as we can how appreciated and valued they are. Grandma Hurst hasnt been feeling well and I made sure yesterday I took the time to tell her what was on my heart. She blessed me by listening and gave me some of her pearls of wisdom that I will cherish forever and keep in my heart. I told God I would blog about this today. I felt impressed to say to all of you. Dont wait until you cant say whats on your heart. Tell someone what they mean to you while you have the chance. Great people like grandma Hurst wont be here forever so cherish her and your loved ones while you can. If you think something kind about someone say it. They might need to hear it. Encourage someone with a word of wisdom and do something kind for someone just because. God is in these random acts of kindness. Give Him the glory. I have found this to be a tremendous blessing in my life to lift up others and give God the glory. There is no good thing in me. Jesus has blessed me with the ability we all have within us to just say or do something nice just because we can. We dont have to have a reason to tell our brother or sister something good. To do something kind for someone just because. No ulterior motive or expectation of anything in return. JUST BECAUSE.... God does this to us everyday. Gives to us and loves us JUST BECAUSE... Go find someone to encourage JUST BECAUSE.. Call someone and tell them you love them JUST BECAUSE... Say it JUST BECAUSE... Do it JUST BECAUSE... God needs us to be His voice and His hands and feet sometimes..JUST BECAUSE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great advice!

~Mindy

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...