Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Show up and Jesus will do the rest!!

Spending a little time with Jesus makes everything better. Sunday was a time of refreshing for me. I have been in such a heavy and dark place and I knew I just had to show up and everything would be alright. I don't know if you have ever felt like it was a struggle to to get to the house of God. Part of me was just saying don't go. Just stay in bed and forget it. I know that's awful, but hey its the truth. I got up anyway and started to get ready. I kept telling myself if I just show up everything will be ok.
My best friend called me and she was sitting in the parking lot of her church and she didn't want to go in. I started laughing to myself and she started to cry and I told her, friend remember when you used to tell me all the time you just have to keep showing up? I used to think that was so stupid when you said that about yourself, but today I completely understand what you meant. I told her just get in there and everything will be ok. I told her I know you don't have anything to give but like I heard a long time ago Jesus is still worth the praise. Even when you feel like you have nothing to offer just praise Him because He is worthy. That's not being fake. That's just what is right. If you just show up God will do the rest. I told her just go in and then when its over come and visit us. Then we will go to prayer later. She has been coming down and praying with us on Sunday nights. She told me how much it has been blessing her. Then I hung up and thought about how I didn't want to go and my friend needed me to carry her spiritually. I never told her anything about all that has been going on with me. She still doesn't know. My whole point here is, What got me over and out of my own trial was helping her out of hers. It took my focus off of me and caused me to forget about myself and help her. I know we all have our times of weakness and our own problems and issues, but what helped me is helping someone else. My stuff just wasn't important anymore. I needed to remind my friend God has everything in His Hands. By reminding her, I reminded myself. God kept telling me during the service I am God all by myself in your life. there is nothing I cant do or fix or make right in your life. The Lord reminded me my problems were not as big and hopeless as I thought. In fact He told me they were petty. How is that for a big rebuke? lol He said Noel these things are nothing to me, one touch of my Hand and they will be gone. He said give me something good! There is nothing to hard for me!! God ministered to me in song and in the preaching. When someone prayed over me I felt like this huge load just lift off of me. I told my friend after service God just touched me and took it all away. Whatever it was that was weighing me down. She went home renewed and refreshed in the spirit. God is so good. I thank God for my best friend. God has blessed me with her friendship and we have always been there when the times get tough. But more than that I thank God for His friendship. He is so faithful and just. He is so merciful and patient and kind. He is my everything and the best problem solver of all time. Nothing is to hard for the Lord. Cast all your cares upon the Lord for He cares for you and He knows what your going through, why don't you cast all your cares upon the Lord???....
I saw this song on The Holly's Blog this girl who is singing I just loved her voice and the anointing is unbelievable! You have to see this.. The POA Choir.
Check it out by clicking below. Love you all....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3P61L3GAgA

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm glad you showed up! It's so amazing how our problems seem so petty in the presence of God. He really puts things into perspective. You're right He's in control of it all.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I was feeling pretty low, until I walked in the House of the Lord. He knows exactly what is going on inside and He is ready to help us - at times, just showing up is all it takes. :)

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Sis Mindy you are so right. Its all petty in the presence of God. Im so glad I went. Love u

Sis Catherine I used to think differently. Sunday I realized there are times you just need to show up and let God do the rest.
Thank you... Lord Bless

Unknown said...

Sis. Noel,

Lately, going to church is a luxury. I am so glad when I get to go. It's something we take for granted. We are so blessed to live in a country where we are free to praise and worship as we please, and yet we find it drudgery to go to church sometimes. I find that just saying thank you Jesus and praising him when Lukey is getting sick or can't keep any food down, helps me to handle it better. His strength is made perfect in weakness. I believe what you told me the other day. We go for another CT scan next week and I BELIEVE that God is gonna move on his behalf. I'm praising him now for what he's doing and what he's going to do. Love you Sis. Noel, and truly appreciate your faith and encouragment and prayers!
My son Levi loves the music on your page :) He was dancing around!

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Jen, to hear you say this when you are going through so much really encourages me that no matter what. We still need to show up and glorify His name. Even if we dont have anything else. We are a spoiled generation. I never want to take the priveledge for granted. Thank you for the reminder to appreciate every opportunity to praise God. I just know Luke is going to be well and fully restored.. Love you to. Thank you for taking the time to write during this season of your life. Love and kisses to Luke..

Anonymous said...

I still can't add you. I don't know if it's because I'm on another website or I'm just blind.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Yep your blind!! JK I will send you something else. Love u

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...