Thursday, October 9, 2008

Try shaking your fist at the devil then stand behind your pastor and stick out your tongue at him!

We had a kick the devil in the teeth service last night. Pastor Hurst had a Holy Ghost outburst in his preaching. It was as the kids say, "Off the Hook!!!" He preached about God being our protector and our help in time of need. He preached it didnt matter if the economy was going under we are children of the King. We have our treasures laid up in heaven and we could depend on God. He said a lot but the main thing that I received was, not to worry what the world or the devil wants us to worry about, causing fear and disbelief. But to put our trust and faith in God. It was way better than what I can write down on this blog. It gave hope to every situation. Great or small. When you think about it, God is really in control. He has a plan of action for everything. He knows whats best in all situations. He is God!!!
It was a conference message on a wednesday night! Ha! I know the devil hates that. We were driving home and I talked to Faith on the road and my best friend. Then I texted one of our youth to tell them the preaching was for me. We were on crazy horse canyon road. It is a back road we take home and we always have a faithful tailgater or a high beamer on the opposite side of the road or Mr. slowpoke in front of us. So we are traveling the speed limit 55 MPH which I strictly obey because of the conditions of this road. You never want to be speeding back there. To many things can go wrong. Out of no where pops out this deer! My husband slams on his breaks and I just scream out JESUS! We skid down the road for almost a minute it seemed. I just kept saying JESUS!! My daughter woke up. She always sleeps on our way home wednesday nights. She says, mommy whats happening? We were still skidding. She sees the deer in front of us. Finally the bouncing deer goes back into the brush and we continue on. I just started thanking God and speaking in tongues in the car. I thanked God my husband reacted correctly. I thanked God we didnt hit the deer at full speed and it didnt come right through the windshield. I thanked God No One was behind us at that moment. I thanked God No One was in the opposite lane that could of hit us or the deer causing a major accident. I thanked God we were all safe and unharmed. Our car was perfectly fine and that God kept His hand on us and kept us from what could of ended in death. It was proof in the preaching that had just come forth. No matter what the devil tries to do to us. God has his hands on us. You had to have been there to understand this next statement. Devil Im shaking my fist at you AND Im sticking out my tongue. Of course Im standing behind my pastor!! Hes quite taller than Bro. Barnes but you get the picture for those who were there. God is good ALL THE TIME!!! I just keep thinking of all the things that could of happened and didnt. That car just stayed straight and steady as we skidded down the road. It truly was miraculous. I really believe angels were guiding that car and kept everything out of the way. Although I told my husband thank God for him and his expert driving skills wink, wink!!lol :)
On a lighter note my husband said we should of gave the deer a little tap and had some good eating! To that comment my animal rights, activist daughter replied, DADDY!!!!Dont say that about one of Gods creatures!! lol lol Oh my stars!! All in a night of the life of the Cordovas... Stay tuned!! lol
ps. Markus I should of answered the phone you could of heard the whole thing!! :)

4 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

IN YOUR FACE DEVIL!!!! :)

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thats exactly right Sis Hurst. Tell Pastor that was an incredible sermon last night! Love you guys..

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Amen! Nothing, I mean nothing can pluck us out of God's Hand when we do what WE can. Heaven's protection plan is full proof - no matter how it turns out because Jesus is the Orchestrator of every situation!
In you face devil is right!

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thanks Sis Catherine I thank God for His full proof plan!! Love u

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...