Thursday, July 3, 2008

ROCK A BYE BABY...

I read a story that touched my heart today and it reminded me of a story of my own. Since my daughter Analycia was tiny I would rock her and tell her I would rock her like a baby til she was 18. Its one of our little things. I read that book "Love you Forever" It is a childrens story that made me cry like a baby. If you have never read it, get it! It is a treasure. You will understand my story better to.
About once a week or at least every two weeks my daughter will crawl up in my lap and tell me to rock her like a baby. I do. We both love it for different reasons. The other day I was so tired and she comes running into the room and proceeds to wiggle her way into my lap and I said, "Honey Im so tired not right now, in a few minutes, let me take a shower" She looked up at me as tenderly as she does and says, "But mommy you said you would rock me like a baby til I was 18?" Dont you know I rocked that baby 7 year old until she got her fix of me and moved on.
She melts my heart every time that girl. Then I thought about how Im not gona be able to rock her much longer like that because when she is 12 Im sure she will have a whole new perspective on being rocked by mommy. Lol
Im glad I stoped for the 2 minutes to meet her need and give me a fresh perspective on how every little rock counts....

2 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

My youngest son was already grown when I gave him this book.
I now have grand children to "rock". Those 2 minutes were the most important thing in the world right then. And when she is 12... you are right, it will be a different way of rocking, but you'll be the only one with the "right way".
I'm enjoying your blog very much,
God bless you,
Catherine

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Hi Sis Catherine. I have enjoyed reading your blog as well. Can you give me your link so I can add you?
Blessings, Sis Noel

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...