Friday, January 9, 2009

Use your signals for the love of Pete!

This happened at the DMV and I bet they got their license.
This wont be spiritual so stop reading now if you must.
Ok, I have come to a conclusion. Salinas has the worst drivers in all of the United States. Today my windshield is iced over thus taking 5 whole minutes off of my departure schedule. Never a good thing because I have this down to a science. I leave by a certain time and we get to where we are going on time.
Sooooo after my car defrosts I go and barely into my journey to Analycia's school there are all sorts of people making illegal u-turns to drop their kids off at another school on our way causing major hazard and utter ciaos. I just shake my head and drive on. Then I get behind some bobo lady who wants to go 20 mph in a 35 zone. She is just scooting along while I pray for her to get out of my way. Mind you she uses NO turn signals as she is crawling along. She decides to come to a complete stop and then proceeds to turn ever so slowly into her destination. Why does every car have signals?? It is the law right? Use them for the love of Pete people!!! Oh I thank God for the Holy Ghost at this point because I wanted to give her the ol your #1 lady signal.. AAaaaahhhhhhhh! I finally get to drop my precious lamb at school and she runs to her class and slides through the door just as the bell rings!! Yes!! Victory.. She beats the bell.. OOOhhhhh Lord I think as I walk back to my car. I drive away thinking salinas is full of lame drivers and wonder if I am the only person here who actually knows how to drive and use my turn signals. I watched some old man driving with his wife yesterday weave from one lane to the other cutting off cars that were zooming around them with their windshield wipers on. It was sunny!!!!! I thought come on why does this guy have a license? He is going to kill someone or himself and his dear old wife. I am utterly disgusted. Anyone can drive on our roads even if they cant drive. Sooooo to top my morning off right? Im turning onto my main street to get to work and here comes a truck merging right into my car.. I slam on my breaks and honk the horn and they look over and are like, whoops! I gave them the thumbs up sign for good going idiot!! Couldnt help it I had to at least show them my thumb. Id had it. Then to add to my drive of dread my horn continues to blow at random after I hit it really hard when I slammed on my breaks. So these idiots in the truck are thinking this lady is crazy while Im driving behind them after they nearly hit me with my horn blowing off and on. I finally gave it a hard whack and it stopped. Yeah that was my start of the day!!! Doesnt get better than that.. So I just thanked God that I didnt get hit and I didnt give them a hand gesture to cause regretful repentance and no one was hurt. Then I laughed at my dumb horn. That was pretty funny after the dust settled, but Im still bothered the DMV actually keeps giving some of these people THE PRIVILEGE to drive when they obviously CANT! ok.. I feel better now. I think everyone should get tested by three different people at the dmv before you get the license. That would help weed out the some of these people who shouldnt even be driving a big wheel let alone a car. I loved my big wheel and I drove good back then too. Hummm. Thats my soapbox theory of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your venting, Noel. :-)

My theory is, people who don't get tickets (amazingly), get their license automatically renewed without having to take another test. Sounds like the drivers you are referring to (for sure the elderly ones) haven't taken a drivers test in years, therefore have forgotten HOW to drive.

Make sense?

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

lol well that excuses about 1/3.. Love u Sis Tena

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...