Monday, August 25, 2008

Eternity means Everything....

I had a lot of time to think about how final death is over the weekend. I thought about my uncle who never believed God existed and even in the midst of his greatest struggle I would offer to pray for him and he would respond, "Please don't" Then I thought about how every day of his eternal life he would be reminded there was a God. I told my husband I could not imagine not believing in God. He has been so real to me and no matter what my uncle said I know he had moments of wonder about my God. I felt so grieved, not because we were so close, but because I know and understand his fate. I grieve for my aunt who does believe in God and lost her father and husband within minutes of each other. She would always ask me to pray in secret for my uncle because he wouldn't let us pray for him as he got sicker.
Then I thought about my grandpa and his sweetness. He would always give all of the grand kids $20 every time we saw him and every occasion he gave us a card with $40 or $50 bucks which was a lot 20 years ago! The tradition carried on with my child and the following generations. He was always kind to us. I never heard my grandfather yell or raise his voice at anyone. He would always cook for us when we came over and it was simply the best Filipino food I have ever tasted in my life. I still to this day crave his cooking. He had the greatest stories about his life and how he struggled and worked hard and reaped the benefits of his labor. I loved my grandpa. He would sing with my daughter "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." He was 95 and in his old Filipino accent he would sing with her and they would smile together. It warmed my heart. He was so sensitive. My daughter adored him. Her "great" grandpa Bill...
Then I thought on Saturday night when I cried myself to sleep about Bro. Dansby's message. "Not good enough for heaven, but to good for hell"
That message was forever burned in my soul. He was Sis Nelson's dad and Pastor Nelson's pastor for many years. He preached about a man who was good in every way, but shunned the truth of Pentecost. I thought about my grandpa how good he was to everyone. Didn't drink or smoke or curse.He was a devout catholic. He would cry whenever I would pray for him., but he wasn't interested in My Jesus. It broke my heart to know he wasn't good enough for heaven, but without a shadow of a doubt he was and always will be to good for hell....

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Noel,

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling. I am praying for you and your family.

Love & prayers ~ Mindy

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thank You Mindy... Much appreciated. Love you..

iluv2prshim said...

Noel,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day today. I am so sorry for your loss. The church had special prayer for you and your family tonight at Family Prayer. We love you very much.
God Keep you in perfect peace during this time.
Love you!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

"There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be!"

God understands... I'm sorry you have pain... I am the first in my family, both side and yes, we cry. I understand.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Thank you Sis Hurst. I appreciate all of the prayers. I feel them. See you soon. Love you..

Thank you Sis Catherine..
I cant wait for that glorious day..
Lord Bless you..

Karen J. Hopper said...

Always loved hearing Bro Dansby preached. He was such a compassionate man, and filled with wisdom. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Noel, I too am praying for you and your family. I'm here for you as your friend - whatever you need. I love and appreciate you and your husband and daughter very much. God bless you.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Bro Dansby was so full of God's love and compassion. Thank you for your prayers Sis Hopper..Lord Bless You..

Thank you Sis Tena, Love and appreciate you and your family very much..Looking forward to getting back to church and prayer..
God Bless..

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...