Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I want to know Him!


I was thinking about someone this morning and I was praying God give them a desire to pray and to know you. God spoke to me and said how can they love me if they dont even know me? I thought wow... Then the thoughts started pouring in my head. How can you stay in love with someone you never talk to or spend time with? Like in any relationship its getting to know someone that brings you closer. I thought if you never pray and never talk to God how can you ever know Him or more importantly love Him? I thought about myself how I sometimes neglect the time I have dedicated to Him. I thought if you had a best friend and you met for coffee every morning and you just didnt show up because you were to busy or overslept or whatever... I thought about Jesus sitting there waiting for me and I didnt show up. Yet day after day He still showed up. In real life we wouldnt have a friend very long if we disregarded them this way and yet we so easily treat the Lord this way. I know I have and I felt such a longing in my spirit to know Him in a closer deeper way. I felt so sorry for the person who didnt even have the desire to know Him. I felt so sad because I knew God loved them so much and He is longing to have a relationship with this person, but how long will He continue to show up to an empty seat sitting across from Him? You cant love God truly love God if you dont have a relationship with Him. I thought about how His friendship and His love are so rewarding in my life. It is unconditional. The gifts He gives and the love, mercy and grace He extends to me. What do I give in return? I can not compare the benefits of His glorious friendship to me. I felt like the Lord was saying to me how can people love me if they dont know me. It takes effort to keep a relationship. You have to know someone to really love them. We love our children because its natural. Its easy, but to love the Lord doesnt come naturally to most people. You have to know Him and experience His love and feel His power and know His love. This takes communication with Him. I thought about His friendship towards me and I thought about how empty and lost I would feel if I didnt have Him to talk to or to depend upon. I need God so much. I could not make it in this life if He wasnt part of mine. He is my everything. My hope when Im down and out. My strength when I am weak. My healer when I am sick. My help when I am in need. My comfort through my sorrow. Who can give me what the Lord gives me everyday? Who will be there when everyone has walked away? Who can I trust and believe for all that I need? He is all things to me and what am I to Him? I did nothing to earn His love. I dont deserve the benefits of His friendship. Yet He loves me for who I am. With all my shortcomings and all my flaws. I just dont know what I would do without Him. I want to know Him more than I do. I want to share my love with Him. He deserves our time and our lives. He deserves to be in the center of all I do and He deserves my undivided attention everyday. Not just on Sunday or Wednesday. I must make the time to get to know Him. This is what keeps me in love with Him. I love Him and I need to show Him. I need to show up for coffee and not stand Him up. He is my best friend. It is vital to our relationship to spend time together so that I may know Him and Love Him like I should. Help me Lord to give back to this blessed relationship I have the honor and privilege of having with you. I want to know you!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh how I want to know Him (more and more every day).

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...