Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank God for the Mellows...

So I think I'm stopping for a drink at the gas station because I'm thirsty.
God has an agenda of His own. I over hear this older gentleman talking to the clerk about God and of course I cant help myself but to make a comment about the Lord.
The older gentleman Henry starts to talk with me about his son and how he is incarcerated and he just wont change. So I told him, "sir many of people have said they would never change and I know you think there is no hope for your son, but I am telling you we did not run into you by accident tonight and God can change your son." I told him I wanted him to meet my husband and I wanted to meet his wife who was out in the car waiting for him. My husband sees me leading the man out and gets out of the car fully aware of whats happening. I introduce myself and my husband to Rita and we talk some more and I can see the pain in Mr Mellows eyes over his son, I begin to tell him that God sees his pain and God will not forget his son and he started to cry so did I. Then his wife started to cry and he told us part of the story of how he had adopted this son and he knew in his heart God gave him this boy and he was so worried this man who is 39 now, will never change his life and my husband began to encourage the couple and say " sir you don't know where God brought me from. I used to be just like your son. I know what you are going through. The man looked at us and he said, " Honey tell these people what Ive been asking you , do you feel it? something is going on. He told us that he has been praying to God to tell him what he is supposed to do with his life. He said, "I am 76 and I know I'm supposed to do something and my wife to, but I don't know what it is. We told him sir, "that's why God sent us here to talk to you and invite you to a place that will change your life. He begin to ask about out church and if he had to be a member for someone to teach him more about the Bible? Can you imagine this??? It happened, just like I'm saying. We talked some more and I asked them if we could stop and pray for them and their son. He walked towards us and his frail wife who has a hurting back slowing lifted herself from the passenger seat where she was sitting and we all joined hands right there at valero gas station and my husband and I began to pray over them and their situation. They both thanked us and gave us their number and said they looked forward to hearing from us. We were late to church. We had God write us an excuse.. ;) My husband and I were just amazed.. It was such a blessing to be able to be used by God this way. Amazing!!!!!! Then the missionary preached about FAITH AND MIRACLES.. I couldn't of asked for God to be more personal to me than He was last night. His message rocked my soul!! Everything God has been saying for the past couple of months to me came out of his mouth.. God is so good and so personal. Sooo I am thrilled to say we are going to be teaching the Mellows a Bible study and I'm here to say , Don't give up on God! This man is seeking to know God at 76!!! God will not forget you! There is a lost and dying world hungry for God. Age makes no difference at all. God sees the heart. God heard that man. God answered his cry. Thank you Lord for the Mellows....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Noel! I am SO thrilled and encouraged with this story! Thanks for sharing. This is an example of what will happen when we just step out of our comfort zone and talk about Jesus.

Oh, how I desire to be bold in the Holy Ghost! I haven't taught a bible study or won a soul in WAY TOO LONG! I can hardly stand it anymore! This story has motivated me! THANK YOU!

I appreciate the fire and zeal you and Albert have. It's like a breath of fresh air! I'm still praying for you. :)

iluv2prshim said...

Sis. Noel, I know that God is going to give you the ability to teach this Bible Study. God let YOU and Bro. Albert to this couple. He will be with you. :)

Debbie Haughland Chan said...

Wow! That's an amazing story! May God bless you as you lead this couple towards Christ.

About Me

My photo
I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY GOD TO SHARE WHAT GOD GIVES ME WITH YOU. I WANT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF FAITH IN MIRACLES OUT TO THOSE WHO NEED A MIRACLE AND TO TELL YOU GOD STILL HEALS TODAY AND HE IS JUST WAITING ON YOUR FAITH TO MOTIVATE THE MIRACLE!!!! I GO TO CHURCH IN HOLLISTER, CA I HAVE THE GREATEST PASTOR AND PASTORS WIFE. BRO. AND SIS. HURST. I BELIEVE GOD WANTS TO PERFORM MIRACLES TODAY AND I WANT TO BE THERE WHEN HE DOES...

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!

IT IS SIMPLE CHILD LIKE FAITH THAT MOVES GOD.... WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH TO MAKE THE MOUNTAINS IN OUR LIFE MOVE. GOD WANTS US TO BELEIVE HIM FOR A MIRACLE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE? ON THE OTHER WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN BY TRUSTING GOD FOR THE PROMISE?? TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD...